Chances are, you'll make a few supermarket trips this holiday, so why not take care of some last-minute holiday shopping at the same time? We're not suggesting you start giving milk or garbage bags; you might be surprised by the unique gifts that are perfect for anyone on your list. From books to specialty cheeses, the bounty you'll find if you spend a few extra minutes walking the aisles could have your holiday shopping wrapped up in no time. Bonus: most grocery stores also sell colorful gift bags for wrapping on the go.
An embellished cuff is a great gift for any girl on your list — not only is it personalized, but it will also add a little glitz to any holiday look. The best part is, it only takes a few simple steps to take a bold cuff from boring to brilliant! Find out the secret to this latest DIY (hint: nail polish is a key player) by watching our video!
- Start Now: Don't give yourself more stress and pressure to buying gifts than you have to. Nip that in the bud by starting today. Don't know where to start? Make a list and go from there.
- Gift Cards: Gift cards are always a popular and easy gift, and it takes little effort to run out to the nearest Starbucks to get one! Afraid gift cards are too impersonal? Here are instructions for dressing it up in a DIY snow globe. Egift cards might be a very quick way to wrap up your Christmas shopping.
- Affordable Fast Shipping: Take advantage of the next-day shipping options that won't break the bank, which some online stores are providing. Retailers like Zappos and Amazon provide the next day service for free, while Overstock will deliver it to you for free before Christmas day. Remember, these deliveries have restrictions, so remember to read the fine print!
- Regifting: Consider regifting (with care!) something you’ve already received. Be sure to not make these major regifting mistakes and don’t give anything that's used or too old.
We say it's the ultimate present for anyone who's short on cash or, at this point, time and ideas. What do you think?
Source: Flickr User mon*star
Starting at just $24, a small box contains 16 servings of produce. Each region (west, central, and east) of the US offers different fare, but you can find out what mix of fruits and veg will be sent to which region each week. The mixes include fruits like tangerines, pomegranates, and apples and Winter vegetables like cauliflower, collard greens, and celery. But you can opt to send just fruits or veggies depending on the giftee's preferences. Shipping is free in some states, and in others it ranges from $5 to $20. This is a great last-minute gift item. But you best order by Monday at noon at the latest.
You've got 10 days to go (nine shopping days, really) to find the perfect gift, or just a very nice one, for the man in your life, so today we're going to be on Twitter at 3 p.m. EST/12 p.m. PST answering your last-minute questions. You can tweet them to @TresSugar. We already suggested a few ideas for new boyfriends, told you how to be best gifter ever in the holiday spirit of competition, and got advice from a dating expert who said never outgift a man.
Well that gets us off the hook, but not entirely. To get your mind in gifting mode, here are few suggestions that are not too late to buy.
- Whiskey Stones: These whiskey stones ($20) will keep alcohol cold without watering it down, which could be a very good or bad thing.
- Sh*t My Dad Says: If he loved the blog, he should at least like the book ($6.50).
- Knife Holder: Whimsical at best, red flag at worst, this designer knife holder ($158) serves a purpose and starts conversations.
- Twist Espresso Maker: Perfect for the coffee lover, this portable espresso maker ($149) can do things that are illegal at Starbucks.
- Case Crown 3GS iPhone Case: I love this iPhone case ($28), it's vintage-looking and made of real wood.
- Book Resting Lamp: OK, this might not be the most manly thing on the list, but I could totally see a book-loving guy using this lamp ($80). It saves his page and mood-lights his room.
- V-Moda Vibrato Earphones: I have to thank Geek for this idea, these noise-canceling earbuds ($130) double as a hands-free headset for chatting.
So tweet @TresSugar with your specific questions at at 3 p.m. EST/12 p.m. PST!
It's two days before Christmas, and you're out of time, low on funds, and in a hurry to get everything — including Christmas dinner! — prepared in time for the big day. If you're still in need of a few eleventh-hour gifts, fret not. We've got plenty of crowd-pleasing suggestions, and not one of them will set you back more than $25. Just remember to order by this morning in time to ship before Christmas — and you'll be left with more time, money, and energy to spend on other things, like decorating that gingerbread house. Keep reading for our suggestions.
Each year after Christmas, we resolve not to wait until the eleventh hour the next time holiday shopping comes around. And every December, inevitably, there's some presents that still need to be purchased on the 23.
Do yourself a favor: ditch the crowded malls with packed parking lots and shop online in the comfort of your own home. And instead of customizing, choose selections that'll leave any gourmand pleasantly surprised.
Keep reading for our suggestions.
OK fab girls, we are officially down to wire. Raise your hand if you're all done with your holiday shopping and now you can sit back, relax and eat. For the rest of us, gift cards and certificates provide a good last minute gift. Here are my faves that cater to all sorts of personalities:
Gamefly Video-Game Rentals Gift Certificate, $15-$36 for a one-month subscription (more available). Can be e-mailed or printed from the site. Gamefly is like Netflix for video games - the gadget guy will love this!
A couple more, read more