Each pack offers plenty of ways to bring good into your daily lives and I'm imagining these suggestions for positivity go beyond the don't-leave-poop-on-the-street idea but you'd have to deal the cards to see if any ideas got lost in the shuffle. Would you wanna play?
With Mother's Day just around the corner, we're excited to celebrate all the wonderful moms we know. So, while you may have your own wish list, it's also time to celebrate the other moms you love. Whether you're celebrating your own mom, grandma, aunts, or sisters, we're here to help find something special (and homemade!), from these fabulous Etsy shops. Each of these gifts is a thoughtful way to celebrate the amazing mothers in your life — and you might just find something to treat yourself too!
Happy May Day! This month, get into the full swing of Spring with fun interior design events, cool hotel openings, and new ways to have fun in your casa. Stay tuned this May for great ideas for celebrating at home. Want to throw a craft party? Start a movie night for friends? Check back for my suggestions for making the most of entertaining at home. In the meantime, see what other great events, products, and openings are happening around the country.
Mother's Day is just around the corner and while a new mama may just ask for a few minutes to herself or to be given enough time to be pampered with a mani-pedi, there are plenty of tech gadgets and services on the market that will help her even once her special day is over. From time-saving devices to those that free up her hands, take a look at some of my favorite items and start dropping hints now!
The first time I saw my older daughter imitate me by scowling at herself in the mirror, I knew my relationship with my body had to change. No longer do I focus on "problem areas" when I look in the mirror. Now I revel in the miles my body can run, bike, and swim. By ensuring that my girls love their bodies, I learned to love mine. It was certainly an unexpected gift of motherhood.
Now it's your turn to speak up and share how you learned to love your body.
Did you know that only 64% of moms report getting a good night's sleep a few nights a week or less?
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) releases survey results indicating that moms nationwide are not getting the sleep they need to feel refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to go. Amen to that! Here is a list from the NSF of tips to allow Mom to sleep in an hour more on Mother's Day (and all year round):
- It’s All in the Prep! Plan the menu in advance and have all ingredients ready to go. Some breakfast items like French toast, quiche and frittatas can be whipped up and refrigerated until cooking. Pre-set the breakfast tray with silverware, appropriate plates, etc – this will eliminate commotion and clanging in the kitchen. Don’t forget a vase with freshly cut flowers!
- Keep the Kids Quiet… Remind the children that this is Mom’s special day and the family has made a pact to let her sleep in. Have favorite “quiet” toys (like books, coloring books and kid-friendly DVDs) easily accessible so kids can occupy themselves until Mom wakes up.
- Mom Loves Sleep PJs… This Mother’s Day, NSF is offering Mom Loves Sleep PJs – a comfy, camisole and patterned cabana pants ensemble. Visit NSF’s Sleep Shop to learn more about this exclusive offer.
- Get Them Dressed and Ready to Go! Lay out the next day’s clothing before the kids get into bed. Older kids can dress themselves; younger kids may need some assistance. If outfits are chosen and agreed upon the night before, children can get dressed without a fuss.
- Take a Task… Each child should be assigned a specific chore to ensure that Mother’s Day morning is memorable. Create a chart and give everyone a specific duty. Make Mom proud by having the kids pitch in and help one another on her behalf.
Fit's Tip: Print this for (or email it to) your husband today so he can start planning. If he's anything like mine, he can use all the help he can get.