We've already explored the best budget-friendly items for Spring and shared our favorite preppy-cool pieces under 50 bucks — now we're getting ready for Spring's inevitable garden parties, rooftop get-togethers, and sunny-day barbecues in the park. We've rounded up 25 of our favorite party-ready pieces for the season ahead, all of which happen to clock in under $150. Click through to see and shop them all now!
>> Glimmering jewels, jazzed-up hues, and just a little bit of shimmer — dress up your holiday with these 10 party-ready pieces. From a pair of glittering pumps to a gemstone-packed cuff, one of these is all you need.
Tonight's the big event — when the ball drops we'll be bidding farewell to 2010 and welcoming the New Year. To help you do it in style, we've been counting down to a fabulous New Year's with 14 days of inspired outfits from some of our favorite iconic celebrity looks. In case you missed it, here they are: 14 ways to dress it up for a memorable night out.
- Carrie Bradshaw's iconic tutu makes a party-perfect look.
- Try on something jaw-dropping and dramatic a la Cher.
- Make it a hot look in an LRD like Beyoncé.
- Channel Kate Moss's rocker-chic flapper.
- Keep it chic with a preppy twist like Alexa Chung.
- Borrow from Lauren Hutton's gold and glitzy look.
- Let Anna Dello Russo inspire you to go all out in feathers.
- Get Holly Golightly's classic, glam look.
- Steal Bianca Jagger's sultry Studio 54 style.
- Blake Lively provides a sexy-chic way to wear black and white.
- Channel your inner diva a la Diana Ross.
- Get Grace Kelly's princess look.
- Channel Gisele's glittery glamazon moment.
- Let Jennifer Connelly's sexy tuxedo inspire your look.
Only four days left till New Year's Eve, and if you're still looking for something pretty to wear when the ball drops, we've got another celeb-inspired suggestion. Kate Moss's rocker-chic spin on the flapper is festive and cool. All you need is an embellished, flapper-style dress for an easy start, then finish with a boyfriend blazer, and the quintessential smoky eye to nail the look. Just click above to shop!
Only five days left until New Year's Eve, so we're continuing our Fab countdown with a little dressing inspiration courtesy of Brit It girl Alexa Chung. If getting dolled up in sequins isn't your thing, opt to keep it understated with an alternative to the sparkly show dress. Alexa's crisp white shirt and shorts get dressed up via a couple of statement necklaces, pretty clutch, and leg-elongating platforms. Channel the same for your own New Year's soiree, even add a pair of lacy tights ($18) to glam it up another notch. Click the items above to snag the same chic evening look.
There are times to play it safe, but New Year's Eve isn't one of them. With only seven days left on our Fab countdown, if you've ever dreamed of going for it, do like Vogue Nippon editor Anna Dello Russo does. She never shies away from making a statement with glitz, feathers, mini hemlines — the whole shebang. Fashion editor or not, there's no reason you can't do the same. Start with a feathered mini, add a few bold-hued accents, some sparkle, and a fabulous pair of heels. Click the items above to shop, and don't forget, confidence like Anna's is key to carrying off the look.
Ten days until New Year's Eve! Party-outfit master Blake Lively has shown us two incredible ways to wear black and white, the most classic evening color combo. First, she takes an ultra feminine white bow jacket and pairs it with sexy black shorts for a fun version of the short suit; then she goes sculptural modern with harem pants and a cutout top. Click the items to shop Blake's black and white look!
Only 11 days until New Year's Eve!
Diana Ross was a pro at making a stylish splash on stage, and during the '70s and '80s, she rocketed to solo stardom and brought her ultraglam looks out on the town to tons of parties and events. Her iconic style is dazzling and dramatic, yet easy to echo. If you're looking to push your New Year's ensemble to the max this year, go all the way in a fringed maxidress, or a chic fringed statement jacket. Channel the diva Diana with giant hoop earrings and a cocktail ring, and remember: a look this glam calls for extra-high heels, so slip on a pair of sparkly platforms and get ready to hit the floor.
- Color block is the new floral — The Cut
- More speculation about Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer — FabSugar UK
- Natalie Portman's inner circle of fashion friends — People
- The Fall/Winter 2011 London Fashion Week schedule is now in — Vogue UK
- The Weekender: an office party outfit — Stylelist
- Festive jackets, coats, and cardigans for the holidays — Fashionologie
- Help Jessica Simpson make another billion at Overstock — The Budget Fashionista
- Red carpet trend: Winter whites — Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Pilar Olaverri's Spring collection for Derek Lam available early — W Editors' Blog
- Boulevard: Winter color pop — Hilltop Glossy
- Gearing up for the cold weather — Vogue Daily
- Gift guides 2010: young and edgy — Purse Blog
Only 14 days until New Year's Eve! Do you know what you'll be wearing when you ring in 2011? We want everyone to get their gorgeous on, so every day for the next two weeks we'll be providing killer NYE party outfits inspired by our favorite style icons of past and present.
Let's kick things off with the always stunning (and newly pregnant) Jennifer Connelly. While it helps that she has the most gorgeous legs in the universe, this tuxedo look is heavenly on its own. A structured black blazer lends sophistication and sexiness to playful shorts. For those sick of the evening LBD, this might be the style remedy you've been waiting for. Tip: try lace or sequin shorts to add texture. Love what you see? Click the items to buy.