Sarah Jessica Parker's calendar is packed with the most exclusive award shows, screenings, and parties, and with such a full schedule, it's a no-brainer that she's mastered a go-to party style: embellished dresses with velvet blazers. From sequin stunners to full-skirt numbers to tweed ladylike looks, SJP treads the fashion-forward line to perfection. Then to that she always adds the most stunning accessories and the chicest of shoes. Get a closer look at Sarah Jessica Parker's fashion formula, then shop the lust-worthy looks for yourself. Be sure to also catch Eva Mendes's fashion formula: retro frocks and sandals.
Everywhere you turn celebs are rocking colorful stripes. The latest A-lister on the horizontal-stripes train is Sarah Jessica Parker, who posed in a dazzling Tory Burch number at the Smash premiere in NYC. Her stud belt and suede pumps inject a touch of downtown cool, while her plush velvet blazer and eye-catching VBH clutch — get a larger version here — ooze sophistication. Try a striped cotton dress, a statement necklace, and textured pumps for an everyday take on this red-carpet look.
Olivia Palermo showed off Summer classics with a twist while out in NYC. We love her flirty spin on nautical-chic, adding a swingy mini ($83, originally $118) to the classic striped tee ($95). Instead of sandals, she opts for cool, leopard-print flats and then finishes with a sophisticated VBH tote. Just click the items above to shop a similar style.
Visit CelebStyle for lots more celebrity street style!
- A look back at Hannah MacGibbon's work at Chloé — Fashionologie
- Opening Ceremony brings on printed espadrilles for $30 a pop — Refinery29
- Tribal prints hit your feet — Nylon Blog
- New website NewlyMaid.com recycles old bridesmaid dresses — The Cut
- How to wear this season's brights — College Fashion
- Louis Vuitton opens a pop-up shop at the Cannes Film Festival — Vogue UK
- Janis Savitt’s Mad Money necklaces now available at Bergdorf Goodman — Vogue Daily
- Where to find Kate Middleton's grocery-shopping outfit — InStyle
- You really should take a look at VBH Fall 2011 — Purse Blog
Leave it to mini mogul Ashley Olsen to dress for business while everyone else was wearing flirty frocks at the Sex and the City New York premiere. And that is why we admire the fashion maven moiety. But what's really smart here is her Calvin Klein envelope clutch. It's slick, serious and sophisticated. How does the line go? "I have a head for business and a body for sin." Yes, she does.