Fall is officially upon us, and with it comes an astounding (and beleaguering) selection of new polishes. It's the easiest way to get fashionable without buying an entirely new wardrobe, and there's nothing like a gorgeous pop of color or a great finish to make you look nicely put together. So what kind of gorgeousness should you be expecting to see on the most fashionable fingers in the next few months? To see 10 beautiful shades, just keep reading.
From mary janes and riding boots to clog-inspired mule booties, this fall it's all about chunky shoes! Whether paired with a little cocktail dress or a cozy poncho, we show you three fresh ways to wear them! Shoes from Piperlime. On Allison: A.Z. by Azature necklace Look 1: Dress from Petro Zillia Look 2: H&M blazer Look 3: Leyendecker poncho, ASOS shorts, A/X top, Paul & Joe bag.
- Tasha "Beaded Daisy" Headband ($32) — A festively fun and yellow hair accessory. Need I say more?
- Avon Sunset Glow ($7) — There's something so cool and retro about the design of this multitoned bronzer. Just sweep anywhere the sun would hit to get a naturally sun-kissed look. (Also available in Sunset Bronze.) If one shade's all you want, try the similarly sunny Maybelline ExpertWear Singles Bronzers ($4.50), available in three shades, Sun Light, Forever Warm, and Salsa Sun.
- Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil ($26) — A lightweight hair mist that works to condition and provide SPF for your hair. So long, faded color and frazzled strands.
- Leslie Blodgett Perfume Diaries Golden Light Eau de Parfum Spray ($55) — If you could bottle up sunshine into a perfume, wouldn't you? That's exactly what Bare Escentuals' Leslie Blodgett did with her new scent, which contains notes like bergamot, honeysuckle, and orris.
- Paul & Joe Nail Enamel in Soleil ($14) — A frosty tangerine hue. It doesn't get any more summery than this.
Spring's western wear obsession started in Milan with D&G Dolce Gabbana's fringed mini skirts and ruffled-denim hotpants and continued through Paris with Chloe's
patchwork denim and Isabel Marant's tasseled Dana—unquestionably the summer boot of the season.
Act fast if you want in on this saloon-girl look. The camouflage Dana has already sold out, and there are only a few sizes left of the gray and black style pictured above at Net-a-Porter.
Shorts made an unseasonal, stylish comeback this winter, popping up everywhere on model-thin girls with thick tights and platform pumps. These new micro styles just in for resort could work during a relaxed beach vacation or a dressed-up evening in the city. Our current favorites are the leather shorts by Fendi and Thakoon and the metallic harem style by 3.1 Phillip Lim.
Sheer sleeves will surely keep you motivated to work out this Fall. In fact, I can't think of a better way to show off those hard earned toned biceps. Daring slim sleeve cuts, like this racy Derek Lam Zip Front Dress ($1,650), emote a more '80s vibe while billowy romantic sleeves, like the one January Jones recently wore allude a more modern aura. Take your pick . . .
In another life, I'd be a fabulous French femme who strolled the streets of Paris in simple but chic outfits. An Isabel Marant dress here, a sequined Vanessa Bruno tote there, and a Paul & Joe coat to top it all off — so French, so chic. Unfortunately, not only am I not even vaguely French, I also can't afford the steep prices of those clothes.
What I can splurge on, however, feels just as French without making such a hard hit on my pocketbook. Paul & Joe Beauté has the cutest limited-edition Starlet palette ($38). It's a trio of super-versatile shadows: a slightly sparkly light mauve, a smoky dark amethyst, and a matte deep purple. So whether I want to do a nonchalant, "I'm shopping in the Marais" nearly-nude eye look or a sexier, "It's 2 a.m. and we've just left Nouveau Casino" eyeliner-heavy one, this floral compact makes me feel like a gallic gal — even if my morning croissant isn't quite authentic.