It's officially summertime, so naturally we've got white dresses on the brain. And who better to turn to for inspiration than some of the most fashionable famous faces? We're looking to Gwyneth Paltrow, Beyoncé, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Kerry Washington, Angelina Jolie — and the list goes on. The best part of breaking out the LWD is that it's just so easy to style . . . with just about everything. From a classic white pump to a metallic sandal to a fun pop of color via a crossbody bag, it's all fair game. Click through to see how our favorite celebrities styled their white Summer dresses, then put your own spin on it.
Lucky magazine is one of our favorite sources for great shopping tips. We're thrilled to share this fabulous story from our friends at Lucky!
There are a good handful of reasons I can't wait to see The Bling Ring — Sofia Coppola's one of my absolute favorite directors, for one, and I basically devoured Nancy Jo Sales' recently-released novel on the events that inspired the film. But above all, what I'm most excited to see are those love-'em-or-hate-'em late-aughts trends so essential to the story itself. Yep, I'm talking UGGs, oversized fur vests, second-skin bandage dresses and all the other trends outlined in the slideshow below — the looks that prompted those thieving teens to burglarize Hollywood homes in the first place.
Click through to take a trip down memory lane and revisit some of the trends that made major waves in 2008 and 2009, when the real-life story took place—as modeled by the actual Bling Ring victims and targets, of course.
As every celebutante knows, the sexiest dress is one that's circulation-constrictingly snug.
Click over to Lucky for the full story.
For all the fashion and style from Lucky, check out even more of the magazine's best stories.
Sasha and Malia Obama Have Great Taste in Shoes
True Blood Style: How to Get Sookie's Look (Vampire Bites Not Included)
- Club Monaco introduces footwear — Racked
- Irina Shayk seeks restraining order after home break-in — Vogue UK
- Kylie Minogue prefers track pants — The Cut
- Anthropologie launches petite collection — Fashionista
- The fashion innovations that changed everything — Lucky
- Kate Spade's popsicle-shaped coin purse — Styleite
- The cutest plus-size swimsuits — The Fashion Spot
- Follow these 15 fashionable Pinterest boards — Who What Wear
- Twitter reacts to Michelle Obama's bangs . . . again — HuffPost Style
If you've hesitated about whether or not that sweet LWD you've loved wearing on the weekends can make the switch to the workweek, then we've got you covered. That lacy Summer-perfect dress is cut out for much more than the Saturday-to-Sunday hangout and party circuit when you add the right (read: sophisticated) stuff. Just take a page out of this girl's book and style yours with a structured blazer, basic ballet flats, and a ladylike bag for the same effortless polish — oh, and don't forget your shades.
Shop clockwise from top left: Zara Guipure lace dress ($90), Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses ($145), Topshop structured blazer ($90), Tory Burch Thea chain-strap shoulder bag ($375), American Apparel leather ballet flats ($80)
When Victoria's Secret announced that its pack of Angels was headed cross-country this Summer, we bet you didn't realize you got to decide where — but that's exactly what this Summer Swim Tour is all about.
Now, the tweets have been tallied and the votes are in, and we're very excited to announce that three US cities are getting their first Angel event when these famous faces make stops at their Victoria's Secret stores:
- 1st place: Milwaukee, 16,400
- 2nd place: Orlando, 16,100
- 3rd place: Seattle, 15,600
Straight from the catwalk to a Victoria's Secret in your town, you'll get to pose with the Angels and enjoy a little star treatment, including complimentary makeovers (beach-sexy hairstyling, anyone?), a live DJ, and giveaways — for starters.
Of course, just because the voting is over doesn't mean you can't get in on the fun by Instagramming the best hangouts and hot spots you think the Angels will love in each winning destination. Just be sure to tag them with #Angels2Milwaukee, #Angels2Orlando, or #Angels2Seattle — and prep for your very own Angel invasion with the details below!
- July 10 – Seattle – Bellevue Square
- July 18 – Milwaukee – Mayfair Mall
- July 25 – Orlando – The Mall at Millennia
The next time your calendar includes a sporting event, resist the temptation to reach for blue jeans and a team jersey. With a little bit of celebrity inspiration, you can pull off an outfit worthy of your most stylish engagements.
There are some outfits that just scream Summer — and this is one of them. Community member MissLeaanne kept things classically preppy in her cobalt blue sundress with white polka dots and coordinating blazer. She playfully reinterpreted the classic pearl necklace with her pair of pearl-encrusted sandals, adding a bit of unexpected whimsy to her outfit, and then polished things off with a jolt of color thanks to her hot pink purse and matching arm candy.
Everyone else, submit your looks, and we just might feature you on POPSUGAR Fashion!
What happens when you take a bunch of editors and bloggers and mix them with some of the most exclusive designer fashion and the most delicious food in the world? It's a heady concoction that comes together twice a year in Florence, Italy thanks to uber-boutique LUISAVIAROMA. Between amazing meals in the hills of Tuscany and the legendary Boboli Gardens of Florence, we styled a shoot of our favorite looks for Fall/Winter 2013. And to cap it all off, we celebrated grunge and punk as they touch on fashion with a major concert. Stay tuned for all the photos from our shoot (designer alert: Dolce & Gabbana! Proenza Schouler! Alexander McQueen!) but in the meantime, check out all that we did (and ate).
- Check out the best festival beauty from Bonnaroo — Beauty
- Celebrate Summer with stylish striped decor — Home
- Your Summer long-distance relationship survival kit — Love & Sex
- Check out all the cameos from the star-studded This Is the End — Entertainment
- How to prevent mindless snacking — Fitness
- The best GIFs of Leo dancing in the Wolf of Wall Street trailer — Celebrity
- What am I supposed to do when Google Reader shuts down? — Tech
- Editor highlights from the Aspen Food & Wine Festival — Food
- Keep your pet cool during the hottest months of the year — Pets
- Video: Tone your entire body with this beach workout — Fitness
- Adorable and affordable nursery decor — Moms
- 14 ways to rock denim this Summer — Fashion
- How to save on wedding invitations and stationery — Smart Living