Rodarte — we can't say the name without having images of fashion-forward dresses float before our eyes. Designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy have taken the concept of a gown and turned it upside down, in the best way possible. Their designs manage to be both ethereal and completely funky — not to mention the fact that celebs eat them up! The sisters have even dabbled in the movie industry, creating the Black Swan costumes, which were inspired by Edgar Degas's "Little Dancer" statue. Since Fall of 2006, Rodarte's ready-to-wear has gotten more and more sophisticated and elaborate. Click through to see their runway retrospective.
Street style is a pretty recent phenomenon, but . . . what if it wasn't? The eight annual Jazz Age Lawn Party went on this past weekend on New York's Governors Island, and the stylish crowd came decked out in vintage-esque dresses and accessories straight from the '20s, with hair and makeup techniques to match the roaring times. See the ladies we loved (and some gents!), and let it inspire your next formal look.
The piece: BaubleBar Maharaja Fringe Strand
The price: $42
Why we want it: A little ornate, a little edgy, this BaubleBar necklace may be the answer to our Fashion Week wardrobe agita. Thanks to the clear crystals, this is the nude pump of statement necklaces — it goes with everything! Try it with a flirty party dress for a modern Marie Antoinette effect, or pair it with a chambray shirt and slouchy pants for an unexpected twist. And at only $42, you don't have to think twice about snapping it up.
Want to be featured on POPSUGAR Fashion? Submit your looks and check back in the morning — you may just see yourself!
- The best and most supportive backpacks for your morning commute — Fitness
- See a Game of Thrones star in all his shirtless glory — Entertainment
- Get creative with your apartment shopping — Smart Living
- Prepare yourself for impending sweater weather — Fashion
- How to pack your beauty bag for a beachy getaway — Beauty
- Kick off the school year with these great gadgets — Tech
- DIY or buy: artsy woven wall hangings — Home
- 5 reasons to love Victoria Beckham even more — Celebrity & News
- Video: How to stay model fit . . . all Summer long — Fashion
- Snag these cool shoes for your daughter — Moms
- Make your own simple and sumptuous pico de gallo — Food
- Follow the Kristen Wiig GIF guide to sex and dating — Love & Sex
As one of the original supermodels, Cindy Crawford's been schooling us on fashion, style, and beauty for decades now. And whenever you see an image of her out and about, we bet you take a moment to think how incredibly good she still looks, years after her heyday. We loved the outfit she put together for a recent flight, skipping leggings or sneakers in favor of dark denim, Rag & Bone booties, and a light jacket. The temptation to do airplane-comfortable can often result in workout gear and shapeless picks, which feel good, sure, but are far from chic.
The next time you're tarmac-bound, spend a few extra minutes thinking about your look. As a bon voyage present, we've shopped out Cindy wares, and they are totally shoppable right now.
It's not your typical working-woman wardrobe — or plotline — at play in Rachel McAdams's new thriller Passion. As advertising exec Christine Stanford, Rachel's looks are a far cry from any run-of-the-mill 9-to-5 slacks and blouses. How do we know? For starters, we have an exclusive sneak peek of the actress — and she's decked out in Dior. From the tweedy sheath to the bright pink turtleneck (and coordinating drop earrings!), these pieces veer more into covetable than attainable office staples. But we've done the next best thing — once you soak up the inspiration below, shop our own editors' picks to get the look. Oh, and don't forget to head to theaters Aug. 30 or watch the film from the comfort of your own home, On Demand now.
- Scrolling through their feeds is perfect for a rainy day — Lucky
- Burberry's Parisian invasion — Vogue UK
- Canadians aren't taking well to Target — Racked
- Abercrombie & Fitch is in even more trouble — HuffPost Style
- These stars are wearing their thoughts on their sleeves — People StyleWatch
- Oscar de la Renta has taken credit for Hillary Clinton's hair — The Daily Beast
- Anna Wintour is a bit of a party girl — Styleite
- Chic retro flight attendant outfits — The Cut
- The most OOC, maj moments from The Rachel Zoe Project — Fashionista