As much as we love swooning over gowns, we are always up for a fabulous pair of shoes. From Diane Kruger's chic white Christian Louboutin pumps at the Vanity Fair afterparty to Anne Hathaway's ankle straps peeking out from her Prada dress, we have the best shoes from Oscars night — but it doesn't stop there. We've also rounded up the most stunning heels from all the pre-Oscar parties and the Independent Spirit Awards. Click through to zoom in on over 60 amazing heels from the 2013 Oscars festivities right now — just don't blame us if you end up with a serious case of shoe envy.
Diane Kruger arrived at the Vanity Fair Oscar party in what could potentially be one of the coolest dresses we've ever seen on the afterparty circuit. Crafted in a messy-meets-modernist black-and-white finish, Kruger's leg-baring Giambattista Valli look caught our attention and kept it there. Rest assured, the blond beauty kept everything else minimal, pairing the look with a slicked-back bun, Neil Lane cluster earrings, a gold-and-black clutch, a Jaeger-LeCoultre diamond-encrusted watch, and crisp white Christian Louboutin pointy-toe pumps. Are you into Kruger's latest ensemble?Vote on all of our Oscar polls here!
- Moncler's head of international relations, Phivos Lampros Istavrioglou, was arrested in New York after allegedly stealing a Salvador Dali painting (pictured above) in 2012. [Telegraph]
- Meanwhile, two men have robbed the De Beers boutique in Printemps, making away with up to $4 million in stolen goods. [WWD]
- Fendi will take to its Facebook page and website to live stream its Fall 2013 show tomorrow, Feb. 20 at 6:30 a.m. The brand will also stream preshow content, including a backstage diary, on Fendi.com. [POPSUGAR Fashion News Inbox]
- J.Crew has teamed up with Charitybuzz to auction off a lunch meeting with creative director Jenna Lyons to benefit IS 289 Hudson River Middle School. Her time doesn't come cheap, though — the estimated value of the package is $10,000. [Styleite]
More of the fashion news you need to know, right here.
Not that we need to remind you, but it's Winter, which means it's not exactly fun to be outside (if you happen to be weathering snowy, sleeting, rainy, freezing conditions, that is). And while we thoroughly miss the sun's rays, we also really love seeing our favorite celebrities showing off their sleek plays on bundled-up "couture." Everyone from Victoria Beckham to Sarah Jessica Parker to Rachel Weisz to Jessica Chastain has taken to layering up in the most luxurious coats, hats, boots, gloves, scarves — the works. What's more, they're also supplying us with subzero styling cues beyond enviable outerwear and killer boots. Head inside to witness more than 60 celebs rocking Winter looks that you can work into your own cold-weather wardrobe now.
Solange Knowles had us green with envy donning a beaded emerald gown by Ralph & Russo Couture at the 2013 Grammy Awards. From the structured cap sleeves to its thigh-high slit, Solange was all-out glam. Fluorescent spiked Christian Louboutin pumps, au naturel curls, and a few statement rings completed her red-carpet look. Was this a win for Solange?
Vote on all of our Grammy Awards polls here!
It may have been a snowy Friday evening in NYC, but that didn't put a damper on either Teresa Palmer's or Analeigh Tipton's outfit choices. In fact, the Warm Bodies starlets both donned sweet Springlike silhouettes for the film's screening, invoking a lighter, easier brand of styling. In effect, the ladies squared off in a sartorial battle of "who wore it best" last night, and we're letting you call the shots. But before you declare a winner, take a closer look at each chic contender's ensemble. Teresa paired a white Vera Wang embroidered crop top with a voluminous Vera Wang skirt, then finished it off with metallic Christian Louboutin sandals. Analeigh stepped out in an Alberta Ferretti sheer gray schoolgirl dress that got its charm via a seriously sparkly collar. Her black patent leather pumps completed the look. From our vantage point, we see two actresses that supplied outfit intrigue courtesy of key embellishment details, and still (expertly) managed to keep their respective looks fresh, youthful, and sleek. The question now is: who gets your best-dressed vote?
They might have been on opposite coasts, but Miranda Kerr and Jennifer Lopez were clearly on the same style wavelength when they both sported leopard on the same day. Miranda tucked a sheer leopard button-down by Equipment into skinny Nobody jeans, then finished with ballet flats, a Givenchy bag, and cat-eye Prada shades while catching a flight out of LAX, and Jennifer rocked an A.L.C. leopard jacket with a matching skirt and Christian Louboutin over-the-knee boots during promotions for her new movie, Parker, in NYC. We think both looks would work for the weekend, but we envision Miranda's for daytime brunch and Jennifer's for nighttime fun. Get a closer look at both ensembles, then shop similar — and a couple exact — pieces to sass up your weekend wardrobe.
The holidays may be over, but that didn't stop Emma Stone from working a fiery red-on-red ensemble at the LA premiere of Gangster Squad. The blond beauty wowed in a strapless brocade dress, complete with a dazzling statement necklace and brooch belt, all by Lanvin, and a pair of red patent Christian Louboutin pumps. In Lanvin's Pre-Fall 2013 lookbook, the crystal brooch accentuated the dress's sweetheart neckline, but we love how Emma used it to define her fit frame. If you love this red-hot look as much as we do, shop our picks to re-create it for your next evening soiree.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Steven Kolb is officially off the market. The CFDA CEO married producer Jay Inkpen at New York's City Hall on Thursday. [Page Six]
- Going over the fiscal cliff could have an impact on what designers show during Fashion Week. [Fashionista]
- A New York court on Thursday issued a final order confirming that Christian Louboutin's lawsuit against Yves Saint Laurent is over. [WWD]
- Prices for Target and Neiman Marcus's holiday collaboration with the CFDA have been cut to 50 percent off. [HuffPost Style]
- J.Crew CEO Mickey Drexler responded to a New York Times opinion piece calling the retailer's holiday shopping "mundane and problematic." [Styleite]
Source: Instagram User StevenKolb
At The X Factor's season two finale in LA last night, Khloé Kardashian matched this pleated leather Alexander McQueen skirt ($581, originally $1,660) with this sequin Carolina Herrera blouse ($2,290). Her menswear-inspired style was right on trend and we love the edgy touch of her neon Christian Louboutin pumps ($1,195). Shop Khloé's exact pieces or mimic her look on a budget with this bow-tie ASOS blouse ($56) and this faux leather Sparkle & Fade mini ($59) for an upcoming holiday soiree.