In addition to being the official outfitter of the 2012 US Olympic Team, Ralph Lauren has designed a kids collection for the littlest members of the Team USA fan club. The red, white, and blue activewear is perfect apparel for cheering on their favorite sports this July and August, and for continued wear all Summer long! Click through to preview the entire collection, and if you see something you like for your lil one, then it's all available at Ralph Lauren. Go for the gold!
It's Friday, which means it's time to round up our best-dressed celebs of the week. This week's standouts were Solange Knowles in a floral green Flaminia Saccucci suit, Jessica Alba in a fresh chartreuse and cobalt color combo, Olivia Palermo in a sophisticated nautical look complete with embellished Manolo Blahnik pumps, and a few more including Nicole Richie, Gwen Stefani, Taylor Swift, Kim Kardashian, and Jenna Dewan. These eight exceptionally chic looks are dying to be worked into your wardrobe, so check out our top stars, why we loved them, and where you can score their lust-worthy looks.
There is no doubt about it, pairing a minidress with sky-high pumps is super sexy, but when we spotted Isabel Lucas styling her peacock Proenza Schouler frock with badass embroidered knee-high boots at the Met Gala, we couldn't help but fall in love. Although this isn't the first time we've seen this too-cool pairing — Jessica Alba toughened up a floral Heartloom frock with rugged lace-up boots, while Karlie Kloss vamped it up in a purple mini and futuristic black boots — Isabel's minidress and boot combo inspired us to scour the globe for the chicest celebrity dress and boot combos. Step inside to see how 15 trendsetting fashionistas edged up their sexy frocks with killer ankle, lace-up, and thigh-high boots, then shop the trend for yourself!
Camilla Belle played the '20s siren in a metallic beaded Ralph Lauren gown at the 2012 Met Gala. Her glamorous deco-inspired gown was complemented by a diamond bracelet, long pendant earrings, and a silver clutch. She finished the look with rich plum lipstick and a sleek side-part chignon. What do you think of Camilla's glam take on the '20s?
Emmy Rossum showcased her red-hot travel style earlier this month, and we just can't get enough, which is why we love how she layered a red Kate Frances blazer over a Fifteen-Twenty lace blouse at LAX. The Hollywood beauty balanced her eye-catching toppers with Big Star skinny jeans, black buckle boots, and a Ralph Lauren satchel. For a playful yet professional look, switch Emmy's jeans for a sleek pencil skirt that can take you from work to happy hour. Whether you are going for a laid-back look or amping it up for an evening affair, top your outfit with a vibrant red blazer to make heads turn.
During a nighttime outing in LA, Jessica Alba ditched her colored denim for harem pants and accessorized via her new orange Ralph Lauren bag and a printed purple scarf. The stylish starlet then layered on a black leather jacket over a heather gray tee and slid on her favorite black ankle booties. This is the second time Jessica has been spotted with her new bag — here's how she carried it during the day. Jessica's cool-girl style is easy to re-create with a pair of slouchy black pants, a leather jacket, and eye-catching adornments. If you're feeling extra bold, try printed harem pants with a vibrant bag for a sassier take on this effortless evening look.
>> Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- Grand theft fashion! Police are on the hunt for a "chic, well-dressed woman" they believe is responsible for the theft of a $17,000 handbag from the Ralph Lauren women's boutique on New York's Upper East Side. The bag, a version of the Ricky bag made from African crocodile skin, went missing last month. Anyone who might know its whereabouts is encouraged to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS. [Styleite]
- Aliza Licht, the publicist who tweets from @DKNY, sent out over 1,100 missives on the social networking site in February. That's nearly three times as many tweets as the second biggest users of Twitter in the fashion industry — Kate Spade and Betsey Johnson only sent around 350 tweets in the same month. Only. [The Fashion Spot]
- Giorgio Armani took some flak for sending out an email announcement of his new Sense of Being campaign, which depicts British Olympians wearing his sportswear alongside inspirational messages, about a minute before Stella McCartney unveiled her uniforms for the British Olympic team. The jury is still out on whether or not you can actually steal someone's thunder via email. [The Cut]
- Mischa Barton is adding clothing to her line of products. She's had her own line of handbags since 2008, but her line of clothing and accessories, called Mischa's Place, started selling online today. [Stylelist]
- Longchamp, the French handbag company that makes the ubiquitous nylon-and-leather handbags, announced today that it's going to start selling shoes to complement those bags this Summer. The shoes, which range in price from $285 to $735, will be available in July. [Fashion Etc.]
>> One can always depend on Ralph Lauren to close out the New York season with a refreshingly classic offering. This season's palette cleanser? A reinterpretation of one of Lauren's most signature references: the English countryside. The opening looks consisted of menswear-inspired suits in jaunty silhouettes and a mix of classic, cozy fabrics. Herringbone, tweed, plaid, and some very lovely fair isle intarsias were done in a rich assortment of pastels and earthy hues. A series of ocelot-printed shearling coats looked especially fresh.
Evening was another high point, with several gowns featuring beaded deco motifs or elaborate embellished collars. A series of floor-length columns in gold lamé were so breathtaking that they prompted one onlooker to comment: "I bet we'll be seeing these on the red carpet next week." Indeed.
>> Ralph Lauren's Fall 2012 collection was an ode to British fashion, loaded with menswear influences and plenty of vintage glamour. Watch the entire collection, right here.
Ralph Lauren's Fall 2012 collection was an ode to English fashion, full of menswear and vintage glamour. Pieces we found especially delightful included a fuchsia satin gown, a gold-painted ostrich feather cape, and plenty of double-breasted herringbone jackets. Check out the full collection here!