Right off the heels of Coachella, Kate Bosworth is giving us another way to work our cutoffs. Since Spring and Summer mean a lot of time hanging in our denim shorts, we're taking notes on Kate's cool and casual play, layered up with an embellished Mulberry t-shirt and a chambray button-down. We spotted Kate in a similar look on the festival grounds in Indio, but this time she proves the look is just as well-suited for city life in LA. This cool-girl ensemble, right down to Kate's Westward Leaning shades and JewelMint baubles, could take you just about anywhere this season. Feeling inspired? Shop our editors' picks to channel Kate Bosworth's effortless take on the trends.
Cobalt is definitely the color of the moment, and 11 celebs showcased various ways to work the eye-catching hue into our color palettes. From suits to jackets and flirty frocks, cobalt is a bold hue that fuses well itself with neutrals as well as other colors. If you are on the hunt for a playful cobalt dress like Irina Shayk, printed cobalt like Olivia Palermo, or prefer to accessorize with just a pop of brilliance like Alice Eve, we are sure you'll fall in love with this bright blue. See how these 11 A-listers rocked this bold hue, then shop our picks to find your favorite cobalt pieces and unleash your inner trendsetter.
The Coachella Music Festival is known almost as much for its stylish attendees as it is for its cool indie bands. So it's no surprise that trendsetting celebrities like Kate Bosworth, Diane Kruger, and Emma Watson made their way out to the desert to hit the fairgrounds in their festival best this past weekend. There were tons of celebrity ensembles to choose from, but we narrowed it down to just six of our favorites from the festival, the pool parties, and everything in between. From Lauren Conrad posing for pictures with Lea Michele at Lacoste Live's pool party to Kate Bosworth making her way to her favorite band in Isabel Marant, watch today's Fab Flash for the best fashion from the first weekend at Coachella. On Allison McNamara: Simone jacket, Topshop blouse, H&M earrings.
Coachella veteran Kate Bosworth stepped out in style this past weekend in Indio, CA, for the indie music festival and delivered a bevy of expertly styled outfits that we adore. Rainy weather proved to be a style challenge for many festivalgoers on day one, but Kate stylishly made her way to the festival fairgrounds with all the right weather accoutrements — including Hunter rain boots and her boyfriend's utilitarian field jacket. Mulberry held not one but two parties this year, including a nighttime fire-pit soiree and a poolside barbeque bash, both held at the Parker Hotel, and Kate selected some standout pieces from the British brand's Fall 2012 collection. See all of Kate's effortlessly cool festival outfits in today's Fab Flash! On Allison McNamara: Topshop dress, Low Luv x Erin Wasson necklace.
>>Cara Delevingne, Lily Collins, and Kate Bosworth were among the superchic who gathered to fete the start of Summer's most fashionable music festival at Mulberry's Coachella Fire Pit kickoff party Friday night. Held in a private garden at the Parker Palm Springs Hotel, the soiree featured a DJ set by British band The Vaccines, as well as an acoustic set by Kasabian. Guests — including Sky Ferreira, Emma Hill, Atlanta de Cadenet, and Teen Vogue's Andrew Bevan — munched on minisliders and sipped spiked lemonade while lounging in the garden, which, in reference to Mulberry's Fall 2012 collection, was decorated with a Where the Wild Things Are theme. An inside look at the exclusive event, right here in the slideshow.
Photos: Courtesy of Mulberry
>> Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- A newspaper in Thailand reported that the country is getting its very own edition of Vogue, hot on the heels of the new edition that just launched in the Netherlands. If the story is to be believed, current Elle Thailand editor Kullawit Laosuksri would be the new magazine's editor-in-chief. He'd also be the only man in the all-women Vogue editors-in-chief club. [The Fashion Spot]
- Mulberry decided to release its new Del Rey handbag, named after singer Lana Del Rey, a few weeks early. Its flagship stores in New York, London, and Singapore started carrying the bag today — Del Rey herself has had one since February — but the rest of the world will have until May to purchase the $1,250 bag. [Fashion Etc.]
- Singer Adam Levine wasn't debriefed before his supermodel ex-girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna told the world they'd broken up. A friend of his says he was "blindsided" by reports last week that the two were no longer an item, and that Vyalitsyna was eager to avoid the impression that she was the one who got dumped. [The Cut]
- Stylist Stevie Dance has started her own shopping-focused blog called Shop Ghost, which promises stories "about how subcultures create shopping trends, how we invest in ourselves, how we stalk ideas online, what we buy but never wear, what we want to recommend and why." Case in point: Shop Ghost launched with a story about shopaholic photographer Tommy Ton, who says he wants to start designing clothes within the next five years. [Shop Ghost]
- Marc Jacobs celebrated his 49th birthday by frolicking on a beach in Rio de Janeiro with his boyfriend, 24-year-old Brazilian adult film actor Harry Louis. [Styleite]
A brief hiatus from Gossip Girl can feel like years if you're as addicted to the Upper East Side drama as we are. Fortunately, the style crowd — and all the OMG-worthy moments — returns to tonight, and since half the fun is seeing what everyone is wearing, we're delving into season five's best fashion. Some, like Blair's princess-worthy gowns may be more fantasy than shopping reality, but in every episode there's also a chance to get our hands on something Serena, Blair, or the rest of the show's stylish ensemble has worn. From Mulberry to Marc Jacobs, Rag & Bone, and Louis Vuitton — and thanks to Eric Daman's brilliant styling — every episode unfolds with a cast of enviable designer goodies. We've got the latest looks all right here and they could actually be yours — just click through for the amazing Gossip Girl style moments, and if you're tempted, shop away!
Photos courtesy of the The CW
Nina Dobrev has a way with styling up easy chic pieces that makes her one to watch off screen as much as on The CW's Vampire Diaries. As testament to her styling strengths, Nina outfitted the kind of breezy, on-point event dressing that carries with it a total effortlessness in a relaxed blue blazer, classic denim, and a pair of sweet espadrille heels. In key shades of cobalt, navy, and midnight blue, Nina works the colorblock angle — and we love the relaxed proportions of her loose blazer and top almost as much as we love the bright Spring palette. To finish, a classic Mulberry bag in deep blue furthers the color play and lends just a touch of luxe. Love the look? Shop our editors' picks to style up a similarly cool style that translates easily to the everyday.
We first called out Olivia Palermo for her exceptional London Fashion Week style, and now it's time to give Alexa Chung her due credit. The Brit It girl wore two fabulous outfits that we're loving for different reasons. Her day look manages to be ladylike, cool, and vintage inspired all at the same time, while her night ensemble daringly pairs two unlikely matches: ankle cords and bow pumps. Step inside to get a closer look at Alexa's LFW looks and to shop similar pieces.
Inspired by Where the Wild Things Are, and with a star-studded front row who sat upon fur-covered seats, Mulberry's Fall 2012 runway show was a fabulously furry foray into fashion. Fur took center stage via fuzzy vests cinched at the waists and even cozy dresses, with nomadic knits and psychedelic prints making delightful sartorial cameos as well. But as every Alexa-loving fashionable fille knows, Mulberry shines in its handbag department, and this season bright orange totes and ikat satchels stole our hearts and arms.