Here's a post from our partners at BabyCenter! Every week, we bring you the best parenting and lifestyle stories from the experts at BabyCenter, including this post about what moms regret teaching their kids.
When you're a new parent, seeing your baby learn new things is nothing short of exhilarating! You photograph it, get it on video, share it on Facebook, blog about it, and create a great scrapbook. As they get older, though, sometimes what they pick up works against you. Moms in BabyCenter's community were talking about the things they regret teaching (intentionally or not) their children. I've pulled together a list of the top 10.
- Teaching them how to spell. Buh-bye days of c-o-o-k-i-e and S-a-n-t-a.
- How to open the refrigerator. Clean up on aisle four!
- The word "boobie." It's cute until you're in church and somebody wants a snack.
- The words to any children's song you don't want to hear a bazillion times.
- How to blow raspberries. It's absolutely adorable until you're covered in spit for the 10th time today.
- How to turn on the iPad. Tech addiction obviously starts early.
- Sarcasm. It's just so precious. Seriously.
- How to open doors. "Mommy, what are you and Daddy doing in here?"
- How to say "no" and other useful (sometimes profane) phrases.
- How to unbuckle a car seat. What seemed like a handy thing to know turns parents into an octopus while driving and hearing that unsettling click.
What can you add to the list?
More great reads from BabyCenter:
How to Establish a Nap Schedule
Is Kim Kardashian Sacrificing Comfort For Style?
Why We Grieve With Fellow Moms When Tragedy Strikes
6 Yummy Dishes For Your Memorial Day Menu