Thinking of going on a cruise anytime soon? Because of the all-inclusive nature and beautiful waterside destinations, hitting the high seas is a practical and effortless guaranteed good time. Still, there are things you can do — and bring — to ensure smooth sailing. Check out our list of cruise-packing essentials and let us know if you have any of your own.
- Bathing suits: Packing a swimsuit is a no brainer, but you'll want to bring more than one for all the different activities that take place on board.
- Medicines: You never know what will come up, so be prepared for headaches, coughs, and, of course, seasickness.
- Workout clothes: True, vacations are for relaxing, but all the fun activities and classes will be calling your name and will require t-shirts and running shoes.
- Camera: Whether it's a fancy DSLR or waterproof camera you picked up at a kiosk, capture all the fun memories with a snap.
- Sunscreen: You can never bring too much sunscreen, since you'll be reapplying all day long . . . right?
- Sweater or light jacket: If you stay out late one evening on shore or the air conditioning is blasting in the dining room, you'll be happy you packed something light to keep you warm.
- Formal attire: Most cruises have at least one night dedicated to formal wear, which means cocktail dresses for the ladies and blazers for the gentlemen.