If crashing on your couch with a good TV show doesn't seem like a stylish activity, think again. Your DVR is about to get a dose of chic for Fall with a lineup that includes three new and seriously fashionable must sees. From Rihanna's Style Network debut (which premieres tonight!) to Joe Zee's star-packed Sundance Channel series, find out which new shows you'll be tuning in to this season.
We're taking you inside Erin Wasson's dressing room on the set of Styled to Rock, where we sat down with the model-turned-host to chat all about her new show, working with Rihanna, and her personal style. Make sure to check out Styled to Rock when it premieres on Bravo tonight, Oct. 25.
The fashion industry has had a long infatuation with tattoos. Both Chanel and Rodarte have showcased temporary tattoos in their Spring collections, and certain models — like Erin Wasson and Freja Beha Erichsen — even get booked for their ink. But who has the best tattoo on the runway? We've rounded up our 6 favorites — we'll let you decide.
All eyes were on Brooklyn last night — and not just to witness the *NSYNC reunion. Truthfully, we were most excited to see what everyone was wearing, especially since the show usually turns out some of the music industry's wildest fashion moments. This year's crowd didn't disappoint with everything from crop-tops (Miley, we're looking at you!), to a leopard-clad Katy Perry, who chose an Ungaro dress . . . previously worn by Coco Rocha! Head inside to see her, as well as a Versace-loving Selena Gomez, a glammed-up Taylor Swift, a daring Erin Wasson you have to see to believe, and more.
Wherever there are rock stars, there are sure to be supermodels. And the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday were no exception. Four of the biggest names in the business — Joan Smalls, Coco Rocha, Chanel Iman, and Erin Wasson — showed up to the event in Brooklyn, and each of them had distinctly different looks on the red carpet.
While Smalls chose a minimal white ensemble from Viktor & Rolf's Fall 2013 collection, Rocha looked tough in a leather jacket by designer Fausto Puglisi, embellished with rhinestones and interesting quilting. Iman chose a much sweeter look, wearing a metallic lace gown with long sleeves and a plunging neckline by J. Mendel. As for Wasson? She wore a long-sleeved dress, too, albeit a sheer one that exposed a lot of skin. Which of these three different looks was your favorite? Tell us in the poll below.
Vote on all of our MTV VMAs polls here!
The CFDA Awards last night delivered fierce fashions in the form of slinky metallic dresses and illusion detailing thanks to Nicole Richie and Erin Wasson. In today's Fashion Flash, we're recapping the night's big highlights and covering the best-dressed stars. Who else made our list? Watch on to find out. On Allison: H&M blazer, Zara top.
Just because Summer is more like a distant memory, doesn't mean you have to ditch your beach waves. Model Erin Wasson made an appearance on Extra last night, sporting tousled waves that were completely seasonless. Lucky for us, this casual look is easy to create. After washing your hair, create a part and rough-dry your hair with your hands (or let it air-dry). Once your hair is just slightly damp, spritz in a sea salt spray like Bumble and bumble Surf Spray ($24) and work through with your fingers. Next, gently separate your hair into two halves and create loose buns on each side. Make sure to twist away from your face to get a flattering result. Just let dry overnight and wake up to effortless waves. For a dry-hair version, simply use the beach spray on dry locks, twist into buns, and use a blow dryer to set the look. Let your hair cool while you do your makeup, and there you have it: perfect waves.
Those stories and more in our daily news roundup.
- "Are you kidding? If you have a social conscience, you have to vote Obama," declared Tom Ford at a fundraiser for the president's campaign in London, which he cohosted with Anna Wintour. [WWD]
- Tommy Hilfiger will partner with hotelier Vikram Chatwal when Chatwal acquires 30 percent of the historic Plaza Hotel in New York City, according to reports. Should Hilfiger ever have to deal with the hotel's business directly, it'll be an easy commute to the office: he and his wife Dee already live there. [Page Six]
- Calvin Klein tapped blogger Greta Larkins of FashGif to create moving images of the brand's Spring 2013 collection for its Tumblr. Our favorite so far is a black dress whose breast panels move up and down its shoulder straps. [Styleite]
- The apple never falls that far from the tree. Betsey Johnson's daughter Lulu is staring her own fashion line, called Lulu and Allison, for "women who still want to be hip, sexy, and cool." [Racked]
- For a fashion person, Erin Wasson doesn't shop much for garments. "I shop a lot more for furniture than I do for clothes," she says. "I much prefer going to an antique shop full of obscurities." [Elle.com]
Photo: President Obama and the first lady, wearing Tom Ford, at a dinner at Buckingham Palace in May 2011.
Just because it's Summer doesn't mean you have to completely neglect your boots. In fact, you shouldn't. What you should do is draw inspiration from the likes of Rachel Bilson, Erin Wasson, and Isabel Lucas and pair your boots with your skirts. We love the way Rachel toughened up her bold-colored skirt with motorcycle boots, how Erin finished her party look with black suede boots, and the way Isabel Lucas completed her hippie-chic floral skirt with tan leather boots. Check out five celebrity-approved ways to combine your skirts and boots, then shop the outfits that speak to your style the most.