>> Sophia Kokosalaki is adding a few more projects to her ever-expanding roster. The designer — who already helms the reigns at Diesel Black Gold, as well as running her own mainline collection — is set to launch bridal and costume jewelry exclusively on Net-a-Porter.com starting Feb. 15. Inspired by Madame Vionnet and '50s Dior, the 12-piece bridal line will feature Grecian-style wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and cocktail attire, and is priced from $1,245 to $7,065. Made to complement the bridal offering, the full collection of jewelry features Grecian-style gold work and motifs, and is priced from $157 to $942. See a preview of pieces from both collections, here.
>> Karl mania has officially hit. The lines for the pop-up shops in New York, Paris, London, Sydney, and Berlin are snaking out the doors — and the collection is finally available for purchase on Net-A-Porter. Here's a look at the entire Karl lookbook, which hit Vogue UK and The Cut today and features over 70 pieces — including pants, sweatshirts, skirts, shirts, dresses, t-shirts, shoes, and bags — in Lagerfeld's signature black, white, gray, silver, burgundy, and pink. Prices range from $50 to over $1,000.
Now, you can shop and check out the complete KARL by Karl Lagerfeld 70-piece collection; in fact, we even styled up some of our favorite items into one model-worthy look for your early bird perusal. But before you get right into the action, here's what you need to know. Lagerfeld's newest line, aptly titled "Karl" will be available exclusively on Net-A-Porter today at 10:30 a.m. EST. If that weren't exciting enough, you should know that this covetable lineup of goodies falls under "affordable luxury," with prices ranging from $35 to $1350. We spotted sleek leather moto-inspired jackets, silver-metallic infused blazers, athletic-minded vests, and ultra tailored silhouettes. Keep reading for our Karl highlights then click through to see the complete lookbook. Also, let us know what you think of our FabSugar-styled look!
- No Karl line would be complete without Lagerfeld's distinctive touch. You'll find the designer's profile subtly emblazoned onto a metal jacket button or pant leg.
- We're crushing on the chic assortment of accessories. You'll be treated to a plethora of must-have detachable collars, and for all our shoe lovers out there, Karl does not disappoint with his Spring '12 offerings.
- Be on the lookout for a snakeskin-textured leather jacket. It's the perfect combination of biker chick-meets-sophisticated lady and we can already think of a handful of ways to pair it with feminine separates and edgier dresses.
Photos courtesy of KARL at NET-A-PORTER.COM
The king of elegance and mastermind behind Chanel's edgy-meets-ladylike style, Karl Lagerfeld, is taking another stab at designing a lower-priced line, this time for Net-A-Porter. The line is available today, with prices ranging from $35 to $1350. It covers everything from tough-girl accessories to pink moto vests and pleated leather skirts. Just watch to see why we can't wait to get our hands on this one-of-a-kind collection.
Angelina Jolie stylishly stepped out for the New York Film Critics Circle Awards yesterday evening in an effortlessly elegant ensemble. Donning head-to-toe Ferragamo for the occasion, she toughened up a pretty blouse with a leather pencil skirt and added a personal touch via an emerald pendant necklace. This get-up is perfect for dinner or drinks, so today we're going to show you how to re-create this polished look. On Allison: Topshop jacket, J.Crew top, Lia Sophia necklace.
It was the night before Christmas (and Hanukkah!) and all through the FabSugar house, Allison McNamara was stirring, wrapping jewelry, totes, jackets, even a blouse! Must-have handbags were hung by the chimney with care, statement necklaces adorned the reindeer, and those snazzy sweaters were dancing round the FabSugar lair. The FabSugar ladies present their wish list, so take a peek at our video—it's not to be missed!
Just a heads up: the holiday shopping window is waning — and whether you let time get away from you, or the person you're shopping for is just really picky, a gift card can come in especially handy. We've paired 10 gift cards from some of our favorite retailers with a stylish item that it could buy — and it'll only take you a couple of clicks. Check them all out now.
>> We've seen a video teaser of Karl Lagerfeld's upcoming lower-priced Karl line, now, a few more looks — and details — have been released.
The collection, which launches Jan. 25 exclusively on Net-a-Porter for the Spring 2012 season, includes over 70 pieces (including pants, sweatshirts, skirts, shirts, dresses, t-shirts, shoes, and bags) in black, white, gray, silver, burgundy, and pink. Prices range from $50 for a canvas bag embellished with a cameo of Karl Lagerfeld's profile to over $1,000 for some of the leather pieces.
A few more detailed descriptions from the press release:
- A sleeveless leather jacket is contrasted with a dress adorned with zippers.
- A classic white shirt comes with a double-bib front in black coated cotton, and there are shirts with layered swimmer-back cuts.
- Sportswear elements are evident, with some pieces boasting vinyl sleeves, athletic-inspired shorts, and rubber patches stamped with Karl's logo, reminiscent of a boxer's belt.
- Also featured are shorts in heavy cotton with a buttoned fly and zippers on the thighs, as well as black wool pants with tuxedo stripes.
- T-shirt dresses are draped in metallic-silk or cotton jersey, and there are also leather skirts, round-collar silk blouses, plunging zippered necklines on the back of short dresses, detachable collars, sequined skirts and dresses.
Lagerfeld, also in attendance at the conference, previewed a video clip of the range — prices start at £150 (approx. $234) for a jacket — which can be seen below. He also talked about being "obsessed" with Apple, saying that he uses one of his several iPads to create videos — he filmed four web-only advertisements for Chanel last week — and to sketch out designs and ideas. To demonstrate, he showed the audience a sketch he did of Steve Jobs that morning, and then sketched himself on the iPad — the latter can be seen here.
We've curated a list of our favorite seasonal toppers to add warmth — and style — as we layer up for Fall's cooler temps. This season, we're looking to polished tweeds, statement reds, and lots of leather. As for basics, our tried and true anoraks aren't going anywhere; they're just getting fortified with shearling and fur trim to keep us cozy. Whether you're in the market for something dressy, everyday layering pieces, or a statement jacket, we promise there's something here for every girl and every budget. Read our shopping tips below, before clicking through our 20 favorite Fall jackets.
- Invest in a leather jacket or a jacket with leather details on the sleeves or lapels. This is the season's most versatile look — it goes anywhere and adds a luxe, edgy finish to everything you put on.
- Have fun with textures, like a great boucle tweed or velvet blazer that you can dress up at work or down with denim on the weekends.
- Take a risk with a new silhouette. The cape jacket is this season's most sophisticated way to layer up.